Welcome to my blog. :D Made for Indie-music lovers, ect, etc. : D

Monday, November 8, 2010

Indie Music Monday: Scissor Sisters - Night Work

Photobucket

Hello fellow hipsters and outcasts, i must apologize for my absence. BUT, I come with great gifts; a new blog almost every day and *In Oprah's voice* INDIE MUSIC MONDAYS! since Volleyball season is over, and I have no social life other than facebook, I'll be blogging alot more often. :DD

So, on another note, laying on my couch, singing the tune of Genius of love by the Tom Tom Club, I realized It was Monday. (duh.) I was waiting for Monday to come so I could post my album of the week. :D(I was building up with anticipation!) Majority of the weekend I was in a nostalgic haze listening to old school rap on Pandora radio, but scrolling down my youtube favorites list, and long behold,"Any Which Way" by the Scissor sisters catches my eye. This video Is freaking amazing if you haven't seen it. I click on it and watch it for mmm, maybe the 20th time, and scroll down to the comments and see what peeps have been saying. reading one comment, it said to check out the song "Fire with Fire", so I figured "hey, why not?" when I listened to this song, It was so amazing!so I sat and listened to the whole album. and I'm happy to present you with this week's album of the week. What is so great about this album is that, it has AMAZING flow. Night Work has songs that are funky,and make you wanna dance, songs that just make you want to sing, and some that makes you want to strut down the street with your head phones blaring. Also, it has this new york party scene theme with neon, lots of neon, and just the musical structure is very great. This album had alot of visuals that are really cool. overall I say this album is 5/5. just freakin amazing. :DDD

No comments:

Post a Comment