Welcome to my blog. :D Made for Indie-music lovers, ect, etc. : D

Monday, December 28, 2009

Indie Music Monday: Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream

Photobucket


This week's Indie album of the week; Empire Of The Sun's 'Walking On A Dream'.I first got interested with this album When I saw a video of Empire Of The Sun's first single, 'Walking on a dream'. (Which I used a while ago; In a youtube video I created. I'll put it on here :D) I loved the video, and <3-ed the creativiy of it. A couple of months later, I was scrolling through collection of music on my zune, and saw that I only had the single of 'Walking On A Dream', and me,the kind of person I am, Realized that I had to get the whole album. (yeah, I have kinda a thing about songs and albums; I always have to get the whole album, not just a song or too. Oh yeah, I keep forgeting; I have to get the rest of The Doves and Hercules and love Affair's album[s] ) Once I listened to it, I fell in love with it. It had a very 'other world-ly' element to it, that was maintaned, Through-and-through. It remined me of when I was a child, living in Las Vegas, When I would go to the Mirage, and would see the tigers and stuff, just the over-powering, the wild, dangerous-ness of being around the animals. you get that one-with-nature-and-wild feeling that this album really gives off. The first song of the Album, 'Standing On The Shore' was a great Introduction to the album.(and Also had a great guitar riff :D) Then the song 'Half mast' had a great steady beat, that flowed into a acoustic guitar outro, that flowed into 'We Are The People', also another single from them.(I learned the song on my Bass guitar :D yeah...)The album was filled with a bunch of other awsome songs, 'Swordfish Hotkiss Night', 'Country' and my Tear-jerking favorite, 'Without You'. Aside from the controversy and my thoughts of the band itself, ultimatly, This is a Really good album. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment